Redesign the website download links and pages
As indicated in a thread of our mailing list, we'd like to simplify the download process so that people do not ask themselves too many questions before clicking on their CD link (see https://mail.gna.org/public/doudoulinux-dev/2011-03/msg00053.html).
We propose to implement a single download link that just starts the download for the ISO file of the page language. We'll have 2 links instead of a single one:
- “Download now (English)” ? the CD file
- “Other media or languages” ? the download page with full tables but with the USB image file of the page language alone on top of the page
To achieve this we need to:
- write Php code that generates the CD or USB download link for the page language
- change Spip skeletons to call the Php code
- reorganize the download page
- eventually redesign the download boxes
Sub-tasks are required!
Updated by Jean-Michel Philippe about 12 years ago
- Due date changed from 09/15/2011 to 09/24/2011
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- Estimated time set to 8:00 h
I've just written the Php code needed to rewrite download links. We need to decorate the download box then update/create download pages on Spip.