Task #250: Improve Songwrite
Generate original Songwrite PO files at CD build
As indicated in ticket #107, Songwrite PO files on Transifex are not compatible with the original PO files of Songwrite. Restructuring the PO files was required to remove obscure shortcuts in the source strings. As a result we may forget to regenerate Songwrite-compatible PO files in the future, leading to missing translations.
It would then be better to write a rewrite script that would automatically regenerate Songwrite-compatible PO files at CD build.
Updated by Jean-Michel Philippe over 12 years ago
- Due date changed from 11/21/2011 to 08/22/2011
- Status changed from New to Ready for test
- Assignee set to Jean-Michel Philippe
- Target version changed from 2011-11 to 2011-08
- Start date changed from 10/01/2011 to 08/01/2011
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Finally the work has been done now since the Russian version won't work until a correct MO file is produced. However it is unsure whether Songwrite will function or not since we're not using PO files from the same version as the current one :s. Note that we modified the script
build-prepare.sh rather than writing a new rewrite script, as it is responsible for compiling PO files to MO files in the CD tree directly.